Your rights, your information and how we use it
Sutherlands of Portsoy is committed to protecting your personal information.
Who we are
We are Sutherlands of Portsoy, Fish Merchants.
How to contact us
The Data Protection Officer
Sutherlands of Portsoy Limited
Information we collect and use
Information about you that we collect and use includes;
• Information about who you are e.g. your name and contact details
• Information connected to the purchase of our products e.g. credit card details
• Information about your contact with us e.g. phone calls, emails and letters
• Information if you visit our office e.g. visual images collected via closed circuit television (CCTV)
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources including
• A purchase order form for a product
• Phone conversations with us
• Emails or letters you send to us
• Participation in our online surveys
• Entry into our competitions both online and at events
• Our online services such as websites, social media and mobile device applications
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your address) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to your where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where;
• You have given us your permission (consent) to send you information about our products
• It is necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations e.g. to tell you about changes to our Terms and Conditions or for the detection and prevention of fraud
Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in ‘What we collect and use your information for’
These third parties include;
• Our regulators and Supervisory Authority e.g. The Information Commissioner’s Office for the UK (the ICO)
• Law enforcement, credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
Where your information is processed
Your information is processed in the UK.
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice, providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our products while you are a customer.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how Sutherlands of Portsoy Limited uses your information. They are
• Right of access – you have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR)
• Right to request that your personal information be rectified – if your personal information in inaccurate or incomplete, you can request it is corrected
• Right to request erasure – you can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there if not a compelling reason for Sutherlands of Portsoy to continue to have it
• Right to restrict processing – you can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
How to make a complaint
If you are still unhappy, you can complain to our Supervisory Authority. Their contact details are;
UK – ICO
© Sutherlands of Portsoy Ltd